Thursday, July 21, 2011

Snow Cones and Snoopy

We had a great time trying to stay cool today.  We made snow cones!!    It's amazing how much happiness can come from ice, syrup, and a fun cone shaped paper cup.  Faces light up.  Smiles get really big.  I must say this was great.  Thanks Carrie for this wonderful birthday present a few years back.  Great gift idea.  It keeps on giving even on the hottest of days :) 

I remember when I was 5 years old I had a Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine.  It was awesome!!! I loved that thing, but you had to work to make the snowcones.  You dropped the ice into an opening in the top and then took the piece with Snoopy on it and pushed the ice down.  There was a metal blade that you could reach in and touch.  You had to push down and crank the blade around to shave the ice.  It was so cool to watch the ice come out from the metal blade and the faster you crank the more ice.  It was always a competition to see who could crank the fastest, and make the most shaved ice.    It also had a snowman that you put the syrup into squeeze on top, and a little shovel to scoop out the ice.  We always used Kool-Aid for flavor.   The snow cone maker I have today is so easy to use.  You just drop ice in, push down the top and presto out comes  shaved ice.  And they have real cherry flavored snow cone syrup to top it off.  Although, I must say if I had a Snoopy Snowcone Machine we would be using it.   I was able to get some cute pictures of the snow cone making fun that I posted below.

It has been such a hot day!!  The a/c has been running all day and it's still warm in the house.  It was fun remembering what I enjoyed doing as a child to beat the heat and showing The Boys that you don't need to go to a fancy park or spend a lot of money.  Playing in a sprinkler, making homemade snow cones, and freezing some yogurt pops made for some happy kiddos.  Just like I remembered.















No comments:

Post a Comment